5 Easy Ways To Dry Your Hair Faster Than Ever Before

3:51 AM

Until last month, I absolutely hated washing my hair, and my reason was simple. I just didn’t have the time to dry it thoroughly. Oh yes, we all know what happens when you don’t treat your hair to a good drying session – get back home looking like someone ran a truck over your hair!

So, I finally decided that I had to find a solution for my predicament (After all, I love my hair, you see). After Googling for hours, I came across these numerous pieces of advice and guidelines on how to speed up the process of drying hair. Now I am not a person who believes in all she reads – so ladies, I tried them all out, and I am now proudly presenting the five best ways to dry your hair faster!

1. Invest In A Good Towel:

I know you all gals love those fluffy soft towels, but they only feel great against your skin. Most of them do an unwanted job of absorbing water from your body, leave alone your hair. So darlings, jump out of the lap of luxury and use those aunty type towels you have been frowning at! Nah, seriously, those thin cotton towels absorb water immediately and are great for making towel turbans. In fact, just rub the towel softly on your hair and twist to release all the water it has absorbed. You will see a gallon of water coming out of this thin piece of cloth.

Now you know why they say – listen to elders? Because elders usually own these low cost things that are great on utility!

2. Do The Twist:

do the twist

Image: Shutterstock

Now that I have introduced you to the goodness of cotton towel, let me lead you on to another trick. This one also comes from my granny’s book of tricks. But I began to trust it only after finding it on Google. What a shame! Anyway, the whole trick is to cover your wet hair completely with the towel and twist along the length of the hair. This trick rinses your hair from the root to the tip quite effectively. Once you have done this, blow drying will take a fraction of the original time. If you are not super particular about having hair as dry as the Sahara desert, this process will dry your hair to a large extent. Just untangle with a wide toothed comb and you would be good to go.

3. Mind Your Roots:

mind your roots

Image: Shutterstock

Don’t roll your eyes, if you know me you would know that I have nothing to do with the ‘tradition’ kind of things. Roots here simply refer to your hair roots. Okay, so most of us tend to rinse and rub the lower strands of hair instead of the root. But you would have also noticed that your scalp keeps feeling wet and damp long after the lower portion of your strands have gone dry. So, attack the water at the roots first. The best way to do this is to take a smaller face towel and then rub the roots of your hair. Just rub softly, otherwise you will end up with bald patches; then don’t say I misled you!

4. Strong Blow Dryer:

This one is very important, so please pay attention. Never buy a cheap and low wattage hair dryer. Any dryer above 1800 watts is good enough to dry your hair efficiently. A cheap or a low wattage hair dryer takes a lot of time and damages your hair beyond repair. Sometimes the damage could be so extensive that you won’t have any more hair left to dry! And hey pretty pretty, the going bald look only suits Amber Rose….

5. Hair Products Madame:

These hair-blowing…..oops, I mean, these mind blowing products are good for your hair and reduce the drying time to half. The first one is our good old hair conditioner. It repels water and reduces water retention. The other one is a collection of certain quick dry products that, as the name suggests, expedite the drying process. Not only this, they also protect your hair from sun damage!

So these days I love treating my hair with a luxurious wash, and ladies, it is only because I got some quick hair drying tips up my sleeve!

The post 5 Easy Ways To Dry Your Hair Faster Than Ever Before appeared first on STYLECRAZE.


by Priyanka Rele via STYLECRAZE

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images